The first day of the three-day meeting of the Standing Holy Synod of the Church of Greece, which takes place with its new composition, has concluded.
After Special Holy Service was performed for the inauguration of the work of the Holy Synod, Archbishop Ieronymos of Athens and all of Greece welcomed the new members of the Standing Holy Synod, wishing every success for the work of the Synod in a spirit of love and co-operation.
During today’s meeting, the Metropolitans were appointed as members of the synodal committees, the synodal courts and service councils were set up.
More specifically, the following Metropolitans were appointed to act as Synodal Liaisons of the Synodal Committees:
– On the Synodal Committee for the Chief Secretariat, Metropolitan Iakovos of Mytilini, Eressos and Plomari;
– on the Synodal Committee for Church Art and Music, Metropolitan Kallinikos of Arta;
– on the Synodal Committee for Worship and Pastoral Work, Metropolitan Panteleimon of Veria and Naousa and Kampania;
– on the Synodal Committee for Dogmatic and Legal and Canonical Matters, Metropolitan Panteleimon of Xanthi and Peritheorion;
– on the Synodal Committee for Monastic Life, Metropolitan Dimitrios of Goumenissa, Axioupolis and Polykastron;
– on the Synodal Committee for Christian Education of the Youth, Metropolitan Antonios of Glyfada, Elliniko, Voula, Vouliagmeni and Vari;
– on the Synodal Committee for Inter-Orthodox and Inter-Christian Relations, Metropolitan Damaskinos of Didymoteicho, Orestiada and Soufli;
– on the Synodal Committee for Church Education and Training of Parishional Clergy, Metropolitan Kyrillos of Kifisia, Marousi and Oropos.
– on the Synodal Committee for the Press and Public Relations and Enlightenment, Metropolitan Athinagoras of Ilion, Acharnai and Petroupolis;
– on the Synodal Committee for Heresy, Metropolitan Andreas of Dryinoupolis, Pogoniani and Konitsa;
– on the Synodal Committee for Social Welfare and Charity, Metropolitan of Dionysios of Zakynthos;
– on the Synodal Committee for Finance, Metropolitan Gabriel of Filadelfeia, Irakleio, and Chalkidona.
Metropolitan Athinagoras of Ilion, Acharnai and Petroupolis was appointed as Press Spokesman of the Holy Synod